Founded in 1921, Xiamen University is one of China’s premier universities as designated by National Ministry of Education (MOE) under the government’s “211 Project” and “985 Project”. Encompassing a diverse range of academic and professional disciplines, endowed with a rigorous and highly accomplished faculty, and sustained by a long history as a leading institution for scholarship and research, Xiamen University is ideal for professional development and academic research. Nestled between the green hills and blue waters of Southern China’s Fujian Province, Xiamen University campuses are widely recognized as one of the most beautiful and inviting campuses in China.
Endorsed by MOE, the Key Laboratory of Coastal and Wetland Ecosystems (Xiamen University) (WEL) was established in November 2011. It is founded on decades of research in mangrove and coastal wetland ecology at Xiamen University. WEL is dedicated to interdisciplinary cutting-edge research on coastal and wetland ecosystems under the impact of global climate change, with a particular focus on the structure, function, and restoration of coastal wetland ecosystems in the tropical and subtropical regions. At present, there are 46 scientists, including one Member of Chinese Academy of Science and 30 professors.
We are now recruiting a new Director of the Key Laboratory of Coastal and Wetland Ecosystems.
1. The Director should take full charge of development and management of WEL. The Director should formulate development strategies of WEL, and build the lab into a national research platform.
2. The Director should recruit top talents, build a world-class research team.
3. The Director shall undertake key national scientific research projects, and obtain a number of influential research achievements.
4. The Director is also expected to strengthen international exchanges and communications of WEL, and making efforts to develop the lab into a Joint International Research Laborastory.
1. Applicants should be established scholars in the fields of wetland ecology, ecological system, global cilmate change and etc.
2. Applicants should hold a Ph.D. degree and a professorship (or tenured associate professor at a top-tier university).
3. Applicants should have the ability to expand the cooperation and communication with domestics and international research institutes.
4. Applicants should possess good interpersonal skills, professional ethics and team spirit, and have innovative ideas for the development of the lab.
5. Applicants should be in good health, and generally no older than 45 years of age (exception may be given to outstanding candidates).
Salaries and Benefits
1. The University will provide salary and benefits in accordance with candidate’s experience.
2. The University will support candidate applying for research funding of all levels and national and provincial talent plans.
3. The University will provide adequate research start-up funding in accordance with the development of the research platform.
4. Specific salary and benefits are negotiable.
How to Apply
1. Applicants who submit their application documents before July 31, 2016 will receive full consideration. However, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
2. Applicants are invited to submit a digital application packet to email@example.com. The “subject line” of your email must include: your name and “WEL director application”.
3. While initial pre-review can be done by sending a resume through e-mail, completed application packets should include the following attachments:
1) A work plan and vision for the WEL.
2) Evidence of professional qualifications in PDF format, including, but not limited to: scanned copies of all relevant diplomas, degrees and certificates, detailed listing of all relevant research achievements, including proof of publication for representative papers, monographs, book chapters, patents, and any relevant awards or other types of professional recognition and distinction.
4. Three letters of references from academic/professional peers in PDF format, should be sent directly to ceezp.@xmu.edu.cn
For questions related to the position, initial inqury and application please contact Ms. Xiaolin Ke (Tel: 0086-592-2880260, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Additional information for the Key Laboratory of Coastal and Wetland Ecosystems are available at the web site: http://wel.xmu.edu.cn/.