Founded in 1921, Xiamen University is one of China’s premier universities as designated by National Ministry of Education under the government’s “211 Project” and “985 Project”. Encompassing a diverse range of academic and professional disciplines, endowed with a rigorous and highly accomplished faculty, and sustained by a long history as a leading institution for scholarship and research, Xiamen University is an ideal environment for professional development and academic research. Nestled between the green hills and blue waters of Southern China’s Fujian Province, Xiamen University campusesarewidely recognized as one of the most beautiful and inviting campuses in China.
The College of the Environment and Ecology (CEE) at Xiamen University was founded on March 2011, on the basis of the Institute of Environmental Sciences at 1982, and former Department of Botany/Zoology at 1922. It consists of three academic departments, Department of Ecology, Department of Environmental Science, and Department of Ecological Engineering for Environmental Sustainability (DEEES). CEE offers Bachelor, Masters and PhD degree programs on Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management as well as Ecology. We also host post-doctoral training programs. In addition, Environmental Science is listed among the National Key Disciplines. Since 2012, Environment Science and Ecology at Xiamen University has been ranked the top 1% world-wide by ESI (Essential Science Indicators).
In this context, Xiamen University is recruiting Chair of the Department of Ecological Engineering for Environmental Sustainability, College of the Environment and Ecology.
1. The department chair should take full charge of teaching, scientific research, academic discipline development and related management of the Department. The chair should formulate development strategies and optimize the teaching and research systems, as well as the administrative effectiveness.
2. Assist the college administration to recruit top talents, build a world-class faculty and enhance the internationalization of the department.
3. The Chair shall organize frontier researches on major environmental engineering problems, undertake key national scientific research projects, and significantly improve the academic position and influence of the Department in the academic world.
4. The Chair is expected to explore approaches in educating students at all levels, and to optimizecurricula.
5. The Chair is also expected to strengthen international and domestic exchanges and communications, and actively pursue collaborations with research institutions and industry.
1. Applicants should be established scholars in their academic field. They must hold a Ph.D. degree and a professorship (or tenured associate professor at a top-tier university).
2. Applicants should be familiar with the trends of in higher education and in the development of higher education institutions. Prior managerial experience is preferred.
3. Applicants who have been awarded (or be comparable to) the title of “Chang Jiang Scholars”, “National Science Fundation of China for Distinguished Young Scholars”, “National Thousand Talents” and “Thousand Young Talents” are preferred.
4. Applicants should have an international education and research background, an international academic perspective and the vision for the development of the discipline.
5. Applicants should possess good interpersonal skills, professional ethicsand team spirit.
6. Applicants should be in good health, and no older than 45 years of age.
7. Applicants must work full-time at the University once hired.
Salaries and Benefits
1. The University will provide salary and benefits in accordance with candidate’s experience.
2. The University will support candidate applying for research funding of all levels.
How to Apply
1. Applicants submit their application documents before July 31, 2016 will receive full consideration. However, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
2. Applicants are invited to submit a digital application packet to email@example.com. The “subject line” of your email must include: your name and the position for which you are applying.
3. While initial pre-review can be done by sending a resume through e-mail, completed application packets shouldinclude the following attachments:
1) Three letters of references from academic/professional peers in PDF format, sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Evidence of professional qualifications in PDF format, including, but not limited to: scanned copies of all relevant diplomas, degrees and certificates, detailed listing of all relevant research achievements, including proof of publication for representative papers, monographs, book chapters, patents, and any relevant awards or other types of professional recognition and distinction.
For questions related to the position, initial inqury and application please contact Ms. Xiaolin Ke (Tel: 0086-0592-2880260, Email: email@example.com).
Additional information for the Xiamen University, College of the Environment and Ecology are available at the web site: http://cee.xmu.edu.cn/.