Founded in 1921 by Mr. Tan Kah Kee, a well-known patriotic overseas Chinese leader, Xiamen University has become one of China’s premier universities as designated by China’s National Ministry of Education under the government’s “211 Project” and “985 Project”, with two Collaborative Innovation Centers initiated by XMU listed in the “2011 project”. XMU, encompassing a diverse range of academic and professional disciplines, endowed with a rigorous and highly accomplished faculty, has gained a great reputation and had a widespread influence around the world. It boasts an ideal environment for professional development and academic research. Nestled between the green hills and blue waters of Southern China’s Fujian Province, Xiamen University campus is widely recognized as one of the most beautiful and inviting university campuses in China.
Since its founding, Xiamen University has been dedicated to maintaining its reputation as an internationally renowned academic institution. In keeping with its motto – Pursue Excellence, Strive for Perfection – Xiamen University offers a vibrant teaching and research environment with a time-honored culture and tradition that fosters both professional and personal enhancement. Many leaders in their chosen fields of expertise, such as the distinguished writer Lu Xun, chemist Lu Jiaxi, famous economist Wang Yanan and the well-konwn mathematician Chen Jingrun have, at various times, called Xiamen University home. At present, Xiamen University is on the way to its strategic goal to become a high-level research-oriented University well-known worldwide firstly and to be ranked among “top universities worldwide” in the future.
We sincerely welcome outstanding academic professionals from the world to join us and contribute to our ongoing efforts to maintain and further enhance Xiamen University’s reputation as “the strength of Southern China”.
Xiamen University is currently recruiting talents who have distinguished themselves in a variety of academic disciplines including: humanities and social sciences, natural sciences, engineering and high-technology, medicine and other emerging research-orientated areas and multidisciplinary fields.
Applicants for any position must:
1.Be good at morals and teaching ethics, physically and psychological healthy.
2.Possess a doctoral degree from a renowned overseas or domestic university or other research institute, or the highest degree awarded in a relevant discipline;
3.Be 45 years old or younger (born after January 1, 1972) for professorships; be 40 years old or younger (born after January 1, 1977) for associate professorships; be 35 years old or younger (born after January 1, 1982) for assistant professorships/lecturers;
4.Fulfill other requirements of Xiamen University and relevant schools/colleges for any position.
1. Xiamen University recruits qualified faculty and researchers aroundthe world. Applicants can submit their application documents at any time.
2. The university will review the application documents by following the University procedures concerning recruiting talents, faculty and researchers.
Ⅵ.How to Apply
1. Applicants proficient in Chinese are recommended to apply through our official website Xiamen University Job Opportunities (http://hr.xmu.edu.cn/zpNew/index.do). Please register and log on the system, fill in application-related information, then submit evidence of professional qualifications as attachments, select a suitable position and submit your application at last.
2. Applicants who prefer English are invited to submit a digital application packet to email@example.com. The “subject line” of your email must include: your name, relevant academic discipline, and the specific position for which you are applying. All application packets must include the following attachments:
1) A complete Xiamen University Faculty Position Application Form.
2) Three letters of reference from academic/professional peers in PDF format.
3) Evidence of professional qualifications in PDF format, including, but not limited to: scanned copies of all relevant diplomas, degrees and certificates, detailed listing of all relevant research achievements, including proof of publication for papers, monographs, book chapters, working papers, patents, and any relevant awards or other types of professional recognition and distinction.
1.Contacts from University Personnel Division
Ms. Ye Youjing Tel: +86-592-2181582
Mr. Che Dawei Tel: +86 592-2184723
Mr. Wang Zhihuang Tel: +86 592-2186239
2. Contacts from The College of the Environment and Ecology
Ms. Wang Xinli Tel: +86-592-2186338 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1.We sincerely welcome outstanding academic professionals from the world tofind more information in Global Talent Recruitment of Xiamen University（2017）or 2017 Xiamen University Postdoctoral Research Fellow Recruitment on our official website Xiamen University Job Opportunities (http://jobs.xmu.edu.cn/).
2.For related regulations about the faculty recruitment of Xiamen University, please refer to the website