As one of China’s key universities that enjoy privileged support from the government’s “211 Project” and “985 Project”, Xiamen University boasts a comprehensive range of teaching and research facilities, as well as efficient public service system. Two Collaborative Innovation Centers initiated by XMU have been included in the “2011 project”, a nationwide initiative launched by the government to upgrade innovation of higher education. Besides, among the over 160 research institutions of Xiamen University, there are 4 national key laboratories, 4 national engineering laboratories, 1 national engineering technology research center; 5 key laboratories, 3 engineering technology centers and 5 key liberal arts research bases guided by the Ministry of Education; 25 key laboratories and 7 engineering technology research centers of Fujian Province.
Xiamen University is one of the first organizations approved by China to establish postdoctoral research centers. Most of the postdoctors trained by Xiamen University have grown as academic leaders and backbones of the organizations they serve. Some outstanding ones have become leading scholars such as the Chinese Academy of Engineering academician, National “Thousand Talents Program” finalist, Distinguished Professor of Yangtze River Scholar, Chief Scientist of “973 Program”, or the winners of National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars and so forth. Xiamen University have 31 postdoctoral research centers at present with a number of cooperative supervisor teams mainly consisted of leading scholars and academic leaders.
To achieve the strategic plans to become “a high-level research-oriented University well-known worldwide firstly and to be ranked among top universities worldwide in the future”, during the next five years, Xiamen University will take postdoctoral researchers as its important reserve force of high-level talents and main source of its faculty reserve by attaching special importance to constructing full-time postdoctoral research teams.
Located in Xiamen, one of China’s top ten livable cities, Xiamen University is generally acknowledged as one of the most beautiful universities in China. With its lovely campus, profound cultural foundation and great research atmosphere, Xiamen University is an ideal environment for academic research and professional development. We sincerely welcome young talents to join Xiamen University!
A. Areas of Recruitment
Chinese language and literature, Chinese history, philosophy, archaeology, world history, journalism and communication, foreign languages and literatures, statistics, applied economics, theoretical economics, business administration, management science and engineering, public administration, politics, sociology, law, education, pedagogy, mathematics, physics, electronic science and technology, chemistry, chemical engineering and technology, materials science and engineering, biology, marine science, environmental science and engineering, ecology, information and communication engineering, computer science and technology, control science and engineering, instrument science and technology.
B. Recruitment Plan
Please check the “2016 Xiamen University Postdoctoral Research Fellow Recruitment Guidance” for the details of the openings and their requirements.
C. Benefits and Policy Support
1. Salary more than 160,000 RMB(before tax) per year;
2. Postdoctoral apartments or room renting allowance provided;
3. The children of postdoctors will enjoy the same privilege as those of Xiamen University faculty members in kindergarten and school registration;
4. Postdoctors will be bestowed the titles of Assistant Research Fellow, Associate Research Fellow or Senior Research Fellow during their stay in Xiamen University research centers;
5. Excellent postdoctors may be selected to become faculty members of Xiamen University.
D. Application Requirements
1. Applicants should email their application materials to their cooperative supervisors with subjects as “name+ name of research center applying to + postdoctor”. The application materials should be sorted into three attachments:
Attachment 2: Scanned files that can prove applicants’ required qualifications(PDF file format, including certificates and diplomas, research achievements such as articles, research topics, patents etc., awards and others)
Attachment 3: Recommendation letters of two experts.
2. After the applicants have reached recruiting intention with cooperative supervisors, you should sent relative materials to the staff members of corresponding research centers according to the requirements in “Xiamen University Postdoctoral Research Centers Recruitment Procedure”.
“Xiamen University Postdoctoral Research Centers Recruitment Procedure” is available at the following link: http://rsc.xmu.edu.cn/s/137/t/722/69/2b/info157995.htm
E. Contact Us
Please refer to 2016 Xiamen University Postdoctoral Research Fellow Recruitment Guidance for the contact information for the Postdoctoral Affairs office, Xiamen University and each postdoctoral research centers.
Office hours: Monday to Friday (national holidays excepted) 8:00—11:40，14:30—17:30 (Beijing time, GMT+8)